16 October 2007

Start your child's genealogy today!

Make it easier for your descendants by starting to collect the available records on yourself!

Everyone knows how to get birth, marriage, and death certificates, but at Get My FBI File, you can generate Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request letters to obtain copies of files on you that may exist at the National Security Agency (NSA), Defense Security Service (DSS), Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), U.S. Marshals Service (USMS), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Secret Service (USSS), or the Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID).

By the way, you can request a deceased person's FBI file at Get Grandpa's FBI file.

While you're at it, you can get the potentially extensive dossier that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has collected through its Automated Targeting System (ATS) program. Start that process at [update: original site is gone].


You can get uupdated forms to request your Passenger Name Recortds (PNR) and other records of your international travel that are being kept by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) division of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) here:


[via BB]

No comments: